Call to Order
A meeting of the CHS Band Boosters was called to order at 6:00 pm on July 10, 2018 by Gigi Wheeler, President. The new 2018- 2019 Board Members are: Nickie Fisher, Vice President, Natalie Gee, treasurer, and Sherry Terrill, Secretary
Present K. Osborne (Band Director), G. Wheeler (President), N. Fisher (Vice President), N. Gee (Treasurer), S. Terrill (Secretary), Amy Tennill, Michelle Whittit, Sarah Wheeler, Dana Wheeler, Derek Osburn, JJ Black, Joy Freeman, and Beth Sprool, Angela DePas
Approval of Agenda
The July agenda was available. A. Tennill motioned to accept the agenda. Michelle Whettit seconded the motion. The new agenda was approved by vote.
Approval of Minutes
The minutes were available. A. DePas motioned to accept the agenda, J. Freeman seconded the motion. The minutes were approved by a vote.
The finance report was available at the beginning of the meeting. Mr. Osborne and N. Gee went over the 2018- 2019 budget. We have a Main Account balance of $10, 254.24 and a Gaming balance of $3,070.55. N. Gee motioned to approve the 2017-2018 Budget, S. Terrill seconded the motion. The Treasurers report was approved by vote.
Band Director Report
▪ Marching Band:
- July 10-13 Percussion/Guard has started
- Wednesday – Friday: Rookie Camp starts tomorrow 12- 9pm
- There will be no Winds Rehearsal, This Wednesday- Friday
- July 16-20, 23-27 Band Camp 12n- 9pm (Dinner Provided)
- July 27 Band Camp Preview Show 5:30pm
- July 30 Back to School Bash 4-7pm
- July 31 Band Photos
- August 31 Home Football Game
- Individuals to sew and measure uniforms
- Volunteers for Band Camp
Discussion of the renewing Kroger Community Rewards was addressed. Amazon Prime, was mentioned also. The Fundraising Committee would like to discuss these items among other ideas for the upcoming year. First, our goal is to have less fundraising events and make them profitable. Second, we feel the community needs to be involved. We need to focus on bringing our fundraisers to include the community Businesses.
– Jack Keeys is looking to buy a Kettle Corn Machine for us to use at Football Games and other events that will allow us to use it.
– Melissa Wells has a Cotton Candy Machine to use as a fundraiser also.
– Having A “ConDUCKtor” race around Derby time
Discussed our website, titan-thunder.com Mr. Osburn is the editor of the Website. Mr. Osborne discussed Band Jackets. Jacket fittings will be on July 24th at 10:00am, and also just before the Band Preview Performance, on Friday July 27th
Mr. Osborne went over the new 2018-2019 Band Budget. The budget was approved with a unanimous vote.
Mr. Osborne then went over the details of Band Camp. He discussed the meal arrangements for band camp: Shelby County Schools is providing free food for the kids during Guard/ Percussion Camp and Band Camp. One Snack and one meal will be provided by the Community. We need Volunteers to Help distribute the food. We will provide one snack. A list of needs for snack, and General needs for Band Camp, will be listed on Signup Genius.
- Wheeler spoke on how better to communicate with our Families for all programs. We need to be available on different types of Social Media so that we reach more Parents and Kids. Website isn’t the choice of most Adults and Students and shouldn’t be the only choice. We discussed the different forms of communication that would help our Parents stay connected. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Remind, Email, Website, and Band App. We all pretty much agreed that the band app would be another addition that most people wouldn’t choose to put on their phone. G. Wheeler also discussed the School’s Newsletter “SMORES”.. We need to be more consistent on leaving notices on there also. We are asking for ideas and encouragement from our parents for future Fundraising ideas and volunteering for future Competitions and Games
Motion to adjourn the meeting came from M. Wells. N. Gee seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm by G. Wheeler, President. Next Band Booster Meeting will be August 6, 2018, @ 6:30 pm.
Band Booster Minutes were taken by: Sherry Terrill
Board Booster Officers